Looking for a paperless classroom library check-out system, without QR/Bar Codes?
- Google Form (for template, click here)
- CheckItOut (Google Form Add On, click here)
- Link Shortener
- Google Site (optional)
Skill Level/Time required:
- 30-45 minutes
- Make a copy of the Google Form Template from the Ingredients (or from here). Make the form as decorative as you'd like.
- Add, edit, or remove any questions you would like. Be sure to fill in your class list in student name and edit/add the genres you want.
- Install and open the CheckItOut Add On. Select 'Add/Edit Question Set.'
- Select 'Add New' and retitle 'Check in/out set name' as "Book" or something similar.
- Change 'Question type' to 'Text with Listbox.'
- Leave the remaining two boxes alone and select 'Add.'
- If desired, move 'Author Name' and 'Genre' below the two questions CheckItOut added.
- OPTIONAL - Embed the Google Form into a Google Site. (This optional step will help if you choose to make the 'Reading Log' public later - directions coming soon).
- Use a Link Shortener to shorten the Google Form (or Google Site) URL. Alternatively, link to it from your Google Classroom or class website.
Implementing with your students:
- Direct them to the check out form (wherever you placed it in step 9).
- All directions are in the Form:
- They can select their name and genre from the drop down list.
- If they are checking a book out, they will type the full title under 'Check out.'
- If they are checking a book back in, select it from the menu under 'Check in.'
- They must also type in author name.