A continuation from Classroom Library Digital Check-Out System, this recipe will teach you to make a book log for your students.
A great way for students to track their independent reading, in addition to keep accountability!
- Your pre-built Classroom Library Digital Check-Out System
- Google Site
- Google Sheet
- Awesome Table
Skill Level/Time required:
- 30-45 minutes
- Be sure to already have your Classroom Library Digital Check-Out System set up and ready to go. If you have not already embedded it into a Google Site, do so now.
- From the responses tab in the Check-Out Form, create a Sheet of responses.
- Use the blue Share button to make it 'Viewable by Link.'
- Right click on the the '1' vertical axis to add a row under the row. Use the View menu to Freeze rows 1 and 2.
- Type 'CategoryFilter' in cells B2, C2, and D2. Type 'Hidden' in cells E2 and F2.
- Go to Awesome-Table.com. Sign in with whatever Google account is linked to this sheet.
- Select 'Create a New View - Blank.' Select the spreadsheet you were just working on. You shouldn't have to mess with any of the setting, so press 'Create.'
- If necessary, press the pencil icon to get into editing mode. Assuming everything was set up correctly in step 4, there shouldn't be much you need to edit. Double check by click on the various drop downs.
- Click the share button (it kind of looks like a triangle that is missing a side). Copy the "Link to Share."
- Go to your Google Site and create a page for the book log.
- Double click anywhere on the page and select 'Embed.' Paste the link you copied in step 9. A preview should pop up and select 'Insert.'
- Press Publish on your Google Site.
Implementing with your students:
- Direct them to the page that has the book log.
- Show them how they can see their own book log page or other students' pages.
- This will help them track their own reading, in addition to get recommendations and check on the status of books from other.
Hey to everyone, it’s my first visit of the blog site; this blog includes awesome and actually best info for the visitors.ReplyDelete